General Summary: Under the direction of the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Instructor in Mathematics is responsible for teaching college level courses, contributing to the development of curriculum in their field of expertise, helping with course design, syllabi and lesson plan development. Instructors are expected to follow College of the Muscogee Nation and Board of Regent’s policy. A full time instructor is expected to teach a minimum of 15 credit hours or 5 courses each semester, with teaching loads adjusted for service responsibilities. The instructor must have knowledge of multicultural and Native American classroom settings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The provisions of the following Instructor duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Teach a minimum of 5 courses a semester in their field or discipline.
2. Remain current in subject matter, computer, and multimedia technology.
3 Must be available for student advisement; office hours must be posted.
4. Must participate in the accreditation process.
5. Assessment of student learning required.
1. Follow the policies and procedures of the College of the Muscogee Nation and its Board of Regents.
2. Design courses, syllabi, and lesson plans for each course being taught.
3. Must be diligent with all academic deadlines, such as new-course submission deadlines and grade submission.
4. Instructors must participate in periodic evaluations including classroom observations by the Dean of Academic Affairs.
5. Must collaborate with other instructors/adjunct instructors.
6. Work with Student Success Center to promote student retention.
7. Teaching through distance education may be required.
8. Serve on College committees.
9. Participate in professional development.
10. Annual leave must be taken during breaks between trimesters and should not be taken during trimesters when classes are being held. Also, prior to and after the trimester, faculty must be available to start or complete their instructional responsibilities.
11. Shall perform other duties as assigned.