The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) is to ensure the health of all New York City (NYC) residents by providing quality laboratory testing services which address the needs of the NYC DOHMH and its community partners as they respond to clinical and environmental public health concerns.
PHL is seeking to hire a qualified Project Coordinator that will provide key support for high throughput sequencing (HTS) and bioinformatics work for New York City. This position will be full-time and coordinate the planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating projects and activities with laboratory and other agency staff.
• Serves as project coordinator and coordinates the implementation and enhancements of high throughput sequencing and bioinformatics projects.
• Gather and document requirements for various projects, often in collaboration with partners from other Bureaus and Divisions of the NYC DOHMH.
• Ensures projects run smoothly by outlining details, tracking purchases and progress.
• Recognizes, troubleshoots, and initiates corrective action for problems in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate records of activities performed.
• Participates in the quality system as required by job functions and title assignments in the laboratory.