Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Maintain a key role in the Guest Services department as a leader in providing exceptional service to guests.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Guest Services Desk area including open and close procedures.
- Implement communication protocols with GS and among other departments.
- Present a professional and knowledgeable welcome to athletes, coaches and guests.
- Maintain excellent customer service while interacting with public, coaches and athletes.
- Perform all operations of POS system including trouble-shooting.
- Give guided tours of the facility to public during normal operating hours and during special events.
- Collect all participatory paperwork and fees, waivers, and registration forms.
- Coordinate sport program registrations with athletes, including entering waivers and registrations occurring on-site and via phone. Send confirmation emails for phone registrations.
- Responsible for providing the public with current events information, answering questions about Park functions and UOP Programs.
- Assist in facilitation, maintenance and enforcement of athlete agreements/sport use group agreements.
- Conduct check-in of track-side programs and corresponding procedures.
- Verify opening and closing till amounts, and deposits from previous day.
- Complete daily deposits when assigned.
- Assist in receiving inventory, inventory control and selling inventory for Retail Shop and Concessions.
- Assure incoming telephone calls are being answered and handled appropriately.
- Assist with any additional administrative and projects duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Keep work area clean, clear and organized.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of museum.
- Conduct seasonal customer satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure Safe operation of Park vehicles.
- Manage daily operations of the Guest Services Desk, run and review facility schedule report.
- Read and understand all documents regarding policy and procedure updates, event changes, and daily activity updates/changes.
- Resolve customer relation issues when additional attention is needed in appropriate and timely manner.
- Implement Guest Services policies and procedures, assist with new employee training.
- Create training manuals.
- Perform voids, price changes and refunds when necessary.
- Act as Manager on Duty when scheduled to do so.
- ACTIVITES- Responsible for Comet orientation and 10-81 procedure.
- Maintains and adjusts inventory, creates SKU’s and price labels and tags, responsible for re-stocking.
- Provides input on inventory, purchases, and sale strategy
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Experience working with the public.
- Friendly manner and excellent communications skills, ability to speak in front of groups, give venue tours.
- Superior organizational, coordination, multi-tasking abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- General knowledge of the Utah Olympic Park, its purpose, and use for the future of Utah.
- Self-starter attitude. Ability to work with little supervision once daily direction has been given.
- Willing to be flexible, completing additional tasks as needed, such as serving as parking attendant, ticket sales, or filling in for other staff when needed.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with PC applications and Microsoft office programs.
- Customer service experience, sales or role specific knowledge necessary.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- One to two years customer service experience.
- Education in hospitality related field a plus.
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.