What are we looking for?
- Experience & Education – Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) required; minimum three years of experience working with schools with demonstrated success coaching and influencing others. Experience working with schools in Pennsylvania preferred;
- Managing Complexity – As NMSI transitions our programming to focus more on district engagement, your ability to navigate uncertainty and help transition the Program Manager role from current to future state.
- Skilled Communicator – You have excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication, and the ability to authentically listen to, and connect with, diverse constituencies; present effectively to groups of varying sizes.
- Strategic Mindset – You’re a critical thinker who analyzes data effectively, sees ahead to future possibilities, and translates them into breakthrough strategies and you make good data-driven decisions.
- Collaboration – You build trust, communicate openly and develop partnerships inside and outside the organization to maximize our shared knowledge and bring greater value to our mission.
- Entrepreneurial – You live for the hustle that’s required to meet ambitious goals with an appetite for collaboration.
- Organized & Productive – You’re a master at project planning and managing multiple priorities and you do not let distractions or complexity prevent you from meeting goals. You are highly organized with extreme attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable Transportation – You have access to reliable transportation to visit schools, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
What else do we value?
- Accountability - Delivering on commitments made to our stakeholders, transparency about progress and outcomes, and ownership of responsibility for the decisions we make.
- Equity - Access and opportunity for all students to succeed, regardless of zip code.
- Learning - Fostering dynamic learning environments for students and teachers and using internal and external feedback to continuously improve the quality of our work.
- Advocacy - Cultivation of strong, strategic relationships that expand our reach and influence and ensure continued positive student outcomes in the communities we serve.
Want to learn more?
The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states, and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes.
NMSI Next, our five-year strategic plan, deepens our commitment to transform our current programs. In doing so, we will also launch a bold approach to partnering with school systems that drives outcomes not only at the student and school system levels, but also at the regional and national levels. NMSI Next is anchored on the concept that the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts and that our teamwork and program work go hand in hand. Additionally, we believe that our impact at the school system, regional, and national levels will reinforce itself to ensure population level outcomes.
We believe STEM education is the greatest lever to accessing opportunity, and is unmatched in unlocking student potential.
Specifically, NMSI Next will implement the following strategic levers so that all students, especially those furthest from opportunity, thrive and reach their highest potential as problem solvers and lifelong learners, pursue their passions and tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
- Catalyze bold thinking and enduring solutions for all students nationally
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to drive sustainable changes
- Provide school systems a world class K-12 solution set
- Build a strong, sustainable, and nimble organization positioning us to deliver exponential impact
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.