Summary: The EMT Trainee is responsible for attending and successfully completing an EMT training program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be punctual and attend all EMT training program classes.
- Must participate in EMT training sessions.
- Must successfully complete all the required elements of the EMT training program, didactic and practical skills.
- Must be available for evening and weekend class schedules, as needed.
- Must be available to participate in ambulance field orientation to include interacting with patients, completing patient assessments, providing the required patient care, transporting the patient to a medical facility and completing paperwork to include patient care and billing information.
- Must sit for the National Registry examination within 2 weeks of completing the EMT training program.
- Successfully complete the National Registry examination within three attempts.
- To act at all times in a professional manner and shall be able to handle conflict situations with good judgment.
- Shall follow the NEMS chain of command.
- Must be able to send and understand oral messages both in person and with the use of communications equipment such as radios and cellular phones.
- Ability to respect and hold in confidence all information of a confidential nature obtained in the course of professional work unless required by law to divulge such information.
- Performs other duties as required by superiors.