Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is seeking a Full-Time Executive Assistant to join our Inclusion & Strategic Innovation team. This position is based at our Washington D.C. location.
What you’ll find at Amnesty International USA:
-Vision for change: Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. The organization investigates and exposes abuses, educates and mobilizes the public, and works to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. As the United States section of our global movement, we engage people in the U.S. to fight injustice all around the world, while we also work to protect people’s human rights here in the U.S. Whether speaking out for refugees and against oppression abroad, or calling for an end to gun violence and the unlawful use of lethal force by police, Amnesty International and its membership shines a light on violations and offers ways to help.
-How we work: Amnesty International’s uniquely effective approach for protecting human rights uses a three-pronged approach that focuses on research from experts in crisis zones and areas were human violations are taking place; mobilization of activists, members, and others who care about human rights; and advocacy to pass and preserve laws that protect human rights. We foster a collaborative environment in which we work with colleagues across functions and locations, and partner with our dedicated volunteer members to maximize our impact.
-Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match up to 5%, and generous paid time off. We are also committed to our team’s learning and growth, and offer various professional development and advancement opportunities.
- Commitment to diversity & inclusion: At Amnesty International USA, we deeply value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in our human rights work and our workplace culture and practices. We recognize that this is not only necessary to ensure that our rich diversity of staff and members can thrive, but that we can simply not accomplish our mission without it. We have a comprehensive strategy and take shared responsibility for fostering an inclusive environment for all.
What the Executive Assistant does: The Executive Assistant (“EA”) is a member of the Inclusion & Strategic Innovation (“ISI”) team, reporting to the Chief Inclusion & Strategic Innovation Officer (CISIO), and provides administrative support to and coordination for the department. This is an exciting position in a newly formed department, requiring a versatile and entrepreneurial mindset and a collaborative approach. This position will manage the CISIO’s communications and calendar; ensure that the CISIO is informed of relevant issues and important developments; prioritize time-sensitive concerns and run the department efficiently and smoothly. Additionally, the EA will coordinate and facilitate communication between the ISI department and partners across and outside of the organization, including other departments, leaders, staff, volunteer members, and external relationships. The EA will also collaborate across the organization and coordinate with the EAs of other departments as needed. This role will also support in entering and sharing data and scheduling trainings and other meetings, and help creating presentations and other documents as needed. This position maintains the utmost confidentiality and requires extremely sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Manages all aspects of the CISIO’s office by providing information, executive-level support, managing the CISIO’s schedule and travel arrangements and negotiating competing demands on their time to ensure the CISIO is organized and appropriately prepared for all items on their schedule.
- Manages Chief Inclusion & Strategic Innovation Officer’s calls and correspondence, including drafting and editing responses.
- Represents the CISIO to others and serves as CISIO liaison including but not limited to working with the E-team, departments, staff, and external partners.
- Monitors budgets for the entire unit: oversees invoice processing, monthly expense and budget reports.
- Maintains the CISIO’s files, reports, and contact lists.
- Supports in coordinating meetings and events.
- Takes meeting minutes as needed; transcribe and distribute.