This position works closely with the CEO and is responsible for planning and directing all finance operational functions. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, implementing a budget process, enhancing the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, ensuring reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and lead departmental staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct finance department activities, such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collection process.
- Lead finance department staff.
- Work with external CPA to assure corporate income tax compliance and the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the finance operations of transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee the balancing of the general ledger accounts.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the accounts payable system and processing
- Input general ledger entries for account changes and month-end processing
- Manage weekly and quarterly regulatory reporting
- Handle monthly and yearly close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations and G/L analysis.
- Review current procedures for opportunities for continued efficiency
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
Manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This position is full-time.
- Typical workdays are Monday through Friday and the hours are flexible.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This role routinely uses equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- No travel is required for this position