- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain adult CPR and First Aid certifications
- Current certification in adult CPR and First Aid preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with persons of diverse cultural and socioeconomic background in a manner that demonstrates sensitivity toward cultural differences and respect for each individual
- Recognizes others as important and valuable, respecting them for who they are
- Flexibility in schedule and thinking
- Dependable and reliable
- Positive attitude toward senior aged persons
- Ability accurately perceive surroundings
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and call for intervention
- Familiarity with the service area
Additional Job Requirements:
- Clear background check and drug screen
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The volunteer must be physically agile both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to position oneself to assist persons with limited mobility during inclement weather or emergency situations.
Local Travel required. Must have reliable transportation. If using own vehicle, must have and maintain valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and state required uninsured motorist coverage.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those any volunteer may encounter and should meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In client homes and non-Sunbeam facilities that may not be ADA facilities. Volunteers shall immediately notify supervisor if an environment is not safe or accessible. Volunteers may conduct tasks such as reading, writing letters, singing, walking or playing games, or assisting with exercise, meals or snacks. Volunteers may also alert Hospice care, Nurses, Occupational or Physical Therapists of changes in client condition.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by volunteers in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.