***All candidates are required to have a minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience and MUST be fluent in Spanish and English. Those who do not meet these requirements will not be considered***
Busboys and Poets is a restaurant/bar/bookstore/event space/community where racial and cultural connections are consciously uplifted and a place to take a deliberate pause and feed your mind, body and soul. It is also a space for art, culture and politics to intentionally collide. We believe that by creating such a space we can inspire social change and begin to transform our community and the world. Our ongoing goals are to develop and retain a first-class team that encourages personal and professional growth, innovation, and team loyalty. If this sounds like the place for you to continue to grow, please consider applying to be the Bilingual HR Generalist.
The HR Generalist interfaces with management and employees on a variety of subjects pertaining to hiring, onboarding and compliance, as well as helping to maintain a positive culture and facilitate employee engagement. In addition, the HR Generalist will work closely with the VP of HR to define and accomplish HR goals that support the success of the business.
- Onboarding of new staff into various company software 4 times a week (English and Spanish)
- Perform Company Orientation for Spanish speakers
- I-9/E-verify completion and follow up on compliance with expiring documents, management of TNC process and follow up
- Report all training related hours to payroll
- Serve as the first line of defense for employee inquiries regarding benefits, payroll, policies, etc.
- Support management with staff vacancies and recruiting, as needed, including sourcing candidates, refreshing job postings, reviewing resumes, etc.
- Assist with interviews during open house events, attend third party hiring events on Busboys and Poets' behalf
- Manage the Shoes for Crews and Commuter benefit for hourly employees
- Tracking and management of the Worker Opportunity Tax Credit
- Schedule and coordinate monthly Orientation with the owner
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations to all staff
- Complete Employment Verification requests
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing/hiring practices, as well as training on the HRIS system.
- Maintain and update HRIS, running weekly reports and auditing data for accuracy
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines.
- Addressing general employee relations issues/employee concerns. Escalating to the Head of HR, when necessary.
- Send out exit interviews surveys to hourly employees, compiling data and seeking out common themes.
- Provide support during Open Enrollment, by being available to answer questions at each location.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards and values.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Conduct or attend staff meetings
- Consult with managerial or supervisory personnel
- Resolve worker or management conflicts
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Inspect products or systems for regulatory compliance
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People
- Obtain information from individuals (fact-finding)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, Hours are generally 9am-5pm but some flexibility is offered. Partial telework eligible after 90 days. Response to requests over the weekend, occasional.
Travel to locations is expected for this position. We currently have 5 locations in Washington, D.C., one in Arlington, VA and one in Hyattsville, MD. Two new locations in Baltimore, MD and Columbia, MD will be opening this year. Travel stipend will be provided.Please note the above listed is intended to describe the general duties, responsibilities, and requirements for performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive or complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Company reserves the right to amend this job description as it deems necessary
Job Type: Full-time
This position reports to: VP of HR
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000