The Tissue Recovery Technician is responsible for using aseptic technique to assist and/or to perform the recovery of post-mortem tissue including bone, connective tissue, skin, heart for heart valves, and/or veins to ensure safe and sufficient supply of tissue products. This is a safety sensitive position.
What you need:
- Associates degree in a life science, certification in surgical technology/medical/paramedical professional is preferred to perform all technical functions of the position and/or equivalent work-related experience. Certified Tissue Banking Specialist (CTBS) preferred.
- Previous tissue recovery experience preferred.
- Previous experience with sterile technique and surgical procedures and knowledge of human anatomy and tissue banking preferred.
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of medical professionals including hospitals, OPO’s, coroners, medical examiners, and funeral homes.
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to meet the requirements of a demanding call schedule required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.