Bluestem PACE is an innovative program designed to provide and integrate all acute, primary, preventive and supportive health services to high-risk individuals living in the community. Our goal is to keep our members living safely in their homes for as long as possible. We provide services in the community and at our PACE center which is open 8 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday.
Develops, implements, and coordinates a resident-centered activity program designed to meet the physical, mental and psychosocial needs of participants.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plans, schedules, supervises and executes games/activities and life enriching experiences for participants, families, and staff.
• Maintains close contact with participants to ensure that their social, emotional, and spiritual needs are being met.
• Maintains and posts a monthly activity calendar.
• Recognizes participants’ birthdays and other special events.
• Provides social support for the participants.
• Makes decisions and does strategic planning for the department with input from the Center Director.
• Stays informed about current federal, state and professional regulations and standards, and assists in developing policies and procedures when necessary.
• Maintains an ongoing Quality Assurance program for the department.
• Recommends needed equipment and supplies to the Center Director, adheres to the department budget and monitors spending.
• Supervise and coordinate volunteers who assist with group activities, social visits, and participant engagement.
• Works and collaborates with Activity Assistant to coordinate activities on a daily basis.
• Answers questions and offers information to meet participants’ needs.
• Promotes Bluestem PACE and assists in new participant orientation.
• Distributes requested facility information such as brochures and information packets and gives tour to interested persons.
• May serve as a participant escort occasionally for Tranportation.
• Assists in mealtime activities, serving food and assisting participants with special mealtime needs.
• May be asked to make meals for participants.
• Help plan and coordinate special meals and celebrations.
• Completes required paperwork for each participant and maintains records as required by State and Federal regulations.
• Maintains daily and monthly evaluations of participants’ participation in activities.
• Serves on IDT and develops the Recreational Therapy and Life Enrichment portion of the care plan for each participant.
• Reads and follow care plans used in providing daily activities for the participants.
• Document care in the participant’s medical record consistent with documentation policies and workflows.