Seasonal position working an average 20-25 hours per week from mid-May through November with an opportunity to extend the term of employment (can also accommodate students returning to college in August).
Summary: The seasonal Mosquito Surveillance Technician is responsible for conducting mosquito surveillance operations for disease carrying and nuisance mosquitoes in both field and laboratory settings, under the supervision of the Senior Education Specialist, Environmental Services Department.
- Prepares all surveillance equipment/supplies, including minor equipment repair as needed.
- Conducts trapping activities to collect mosquito samples.
- Identify mosquitoes to species and prepare specimens for pooling and testing.
- Complete forms, enter data and keep accurate records.
- Conduct site inspection throughout the Township and apply source reduction measures as appropriate.
- Provide education to residents on Township surveillance activities, personal protection measures and reducing breeding sources.
- Assists the Environmental Services department at events such as Woodlands Landscaping Solutions, 3R Bazaar, Walk to School, etc.