Summary of Position:
Completes a comprehensive training program which enables the Candidate to become familiar with the full range of laws and regulations dealing with all veterans benefits and learns duties and responsibilities necessary to provide expert services offered by the Paralyzed Veterans of America through the Veterans Benefits Department and to represent veterans and their dependents with claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Participates in, and must successfully complete, all aspects of a specially designed training program. The training will be conducted in a National Service Office as assigned.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of the Department of Veterans Affairs laws, regulations and procedures which pertain to benefits, including, but not limited to: compensation, pension, education, accrued benefits, burial at death, loan guaranty, insurance and medical coverage.
- Accepts and develops selected benefits claims for submission to the Department of Veterans Affairs that are compatible with the candidate's level of training and competence.
- Participates in all aspects of office management and operations, while maintaining a high level of professionalism to include, but not limited to, adhering to the policy of wearing business attire.
- Actively participates in chapter, community and other Paralyzed Veterans of America organizational activities.
- Develops a demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers and software programs utilized by the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
- Learns how to develop and maintain an active and effective outreach program.
- Travels as required by the Veterans Benefits Department, and attends scheduled training seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upon successful completion of the training program, the candidate will be promoted to NSO II.
Desired Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Must possess above average oral/written communication skills and strong interpersonal relation skills.
- Must be able to obtain VA accreditation for representatives.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, with higher education or related experience preferred.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all personnel and client files and information.
- Must be an honorably discharged veteran.
PVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.