Founded in 1947 by Nina Vance, the Alley Theatre is a pioneer of regional theatre, and one of the leading nonprofit theatre companies in the United States. The Alley has been awarded the prestigious Regional Theatre Tony Award® and the Texas Medal of Arts Award. The Alley has transferred productions to Broadway, Off-Broadway, major European Festivals, and to 40 American cities. Unique among regional theatres, the Alley is committed to maintaining a Resident Acting Company and providing them work year-round. Nationally recognized directors, actors, playwrights, and designers from across the country have regularly joined the Resident Acting Company.
Rob Melrose, Artistic Director at the Alley, took over as artistic leader of the organization in 2019. His vision for the future of the Alley is both thrilling and ambitious as the Theatre nears its 75th anniversary in 2021-22. When the Theatre reopens, his strategic goals include upholding the Alley’s artistic excellence, keeping longtime Alley Theatre devotees eager to return each season, and creating productions and cultivating new audiences that are as diverse and vibrant as the city of Houston.
Rob Melrose, Managing Director Dean Gladden and the Alley’s leadership team are committed to promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all aspects of the Theatre’s programming and operations. We are conscious about fostering an environment where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves. We embrace differences and strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
HOURLY: 20/HR Minimum
The Facilities Engineer will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining infrastructure and equipment of the building. In addition, the Facilities engineer will work closely with the Chief engineer and execute any additional responsibilities delegated by the Chief Engineer. The Alley Theatre owns and operates a 75,000 square foot theatre facility and a 75,000 square foot production facility that is on floors 14-18 of the parking garage on the Alley Theatre property.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected. Must be familiar with Fire Alarm panel.
- Must be familiar with Metasys and Convergentz systems.
- Knowledge of Sprinkler Systems, Dry Pipe, Deluge System, House Tank and Fire Pump
- Perform general repairs, including pressure washing and replacement of building components and additional responsibilities delegated by Chief Engineer
- Learn and follow all emergency procedures