Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Support Services Coordinator to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Support Services Coordinator works with a team of staff members to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. This position is responsible for mentoring the women and children, scheduling and overseeing the women in housekeeping work therapy, and the general cleaning and upkeep of Hope Place, ReNovo and SonRise Facilities.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm plus occasional weekends, evenings, holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Schedule and oversee housekeeping work therapy.
- Work as part of a team to minister to the women by being a good Christian role model and by being willing to confront the guests respectfully and consistently
- Supervise chores performed by guests.
- Complete weekly guest room cleanliness checks at all locations.
- Hold guests accountable to program and individual goals and guidelines.
- Inventory, organize supply areas and keep necessary quantities of supplies on hand.
- Thoroughly clean common areas as needed by sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, and window cleaning.
- Clean guest rooms and bathrooms as assigned.
- Thoroughly keep common restrooms sanitized and stocked.
- Seek out areas that need cleaning.
- Keep hygiene and other donations organized.
- Train, supervise and equip volunteers as needed.
- Clean offsite properties/transitional units when needed.
- Contribute to the overall safety and maintenance of the building by filling out necessary maintenance request forms and reports.
- Help out at the front desk as needed.
- Communicate daily with staff via email.
- Attend community meetings and staffing meetings as required.
- Be available to cover evening shifts and/or Sunday rotation shifts when needed.
- Provide set up/tear down and support for special events including AV for Graduation.
- Complete data entry, documents in Clarity and record events during shift in the Facility Log
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.