Continuum of Colorado’s Home & Community Support department has a fantastic opportunity for a Music Therapist to perform licensed in-home therapeutic services for children and adults that we serve. This therapy includes the use of dance and movement as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
Due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical work week hours. You must be willing to drive to appointments within the Colorado Springs Metro Area and we'll reimburse you for travel time.
More about what you’ll get to do as our Music Therapist!
- Coordinate with the Community Center Board (CCB) Case Manager to ensure the need for therapy is identified by the Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician
- Initiate contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary
- Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members; accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings
- Establish treatment goals and monitor progress at least quarterly; track progress and note areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans
- Complete all program-related documentation; develop and maintain working case files
- Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services