Position: Personal Trainer
Department: Sports & Wellness
Classification: At-Will, Full time or Part time, Non-Exempt position
Reports to: Reports to Senior Director of Programs
The Personal Trainer is responsible for managing/maintaining the fitness floors, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center (part of Jewish Silicon Valley) members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment. This person also performs orientations/assessments, provides package prescriptions, answers fitness and wellness related questions, and sells personal training packages.
The Personal Trainer (PT) services guests, as well as new and existing members with equal priority. They generate excitement and interest in Center programs and implement and execute Center systems and procedures that focus on generating new members and retaining existing members. The PT will work in conjunction with the Senior Director of Programs assisting the SFD in building the revenue base to targeted levels and assuring that we offer beneficial programs and services. The PT is responsible for carrying out our commitment to servicing our members in the best fitness environment possible. The PT will also be fully knowledgeable about departmental operations and emergency procedures while supporting policies and procedures established by the APJCC. This is a high profile customer service position delivering the highest level of service to our members exemplifying professionalism and insuring we adhere to our mission statement. This person has the responsibility of being responsive to members and being a resource for members needs regarding programs and classes while in the Center facilities.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs member orientations by booking appointments, conducting assessments and demonstrating equipment usage. Insuring that all new members attend Fitness orientations and are successfully integrated into the Club, feeling comfortable, welcome & at home.
- Promotes the personal training program by promptly contacting interested members, maintains a client base by selling new packages, encourages continued training with existing members, evaluates existing programs and modifies programs along with current industry trends. Creates new programs to maintain interest levels of existing members.
- Assist clients & members in using safe and effective form in their workouts
- Work at least 2 weekly Fitness Desk/Floor shifts as long as is designated by SFD, or until a consistent client load of 30+ weekly session hours is reached.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness floor, racking weights, picking up towels, water bottles, magazines, etc.
- Perform fitness assessments (posture and movement assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition analysis, etc.) as requested by clients and members
- Support, teach and encourage members to reach their fitness goals
- Work collaboratively as a team with other department staff to ensure the best quality of wellness program for each client
- During scheduled desk shifts, perform daily facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning processes to include; wiping down equipment, re-racking weights, organizing magazines/newspapers, conducting restroom runs/walkthroughs, conducting equipment checks and noting any areas needed attention/repair and maintaining an organized and cluttered free workout areas, and additional duties as assigned
- Act as the Center goodwill ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce JCC policies (phone use, appropriate attire, etc.)
- Stay up to date with fitness/wellness trends
- Assist in the development and implementation of new fitness programs
- Maintain a “Do whatever it takes” attitude towards servicing our members.
- Provide all requested statistical, payroll and reporting information to SFD on a timely basis.
- Maintain consistent logs of orientations, personal training sessions, scheduled appointments and follow up contact.
- Respond to Member’s concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely (24 hours/1 business day), professional and consistent manner.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate understanding of all points outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Represent the Center in a positive and professional manner at all times and demonstrate the values presented in our Mission Statement.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintain Current CPR/AED certification, and Personal Training certifications