The press department oversees all communications pertaining to Comme des Garçons USA and Dover Street Market USA (New York, Los Angeles). Integration and exposure within both companies is extremely high.
This is an excellent role for someone who values a team environment, independent thinking and embraces the company’s unique approach to retail.
- To provide a crucial support and framework for the day-to-day needs of the press department. Crosstrain on all areas to create a well-rounded awareness of the whole media landscape.
- To grow CDG brand awareness in a meaningful way
- To provide planning and executional support as they pertain to communications strategies.
- To engage in thoughtful research projects and execute various administrative tasks for the department.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the brand as it relates to DNA and company values.
- Assist in day-to-day activities pertaining to our 18 collections (including Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe, Noir Kei Ninomiya, Comme des Garcons SHIRT, PLAY, Wallet, Parfum, etc…) including sample trafficking, monitoring credits, shipments, asset procurement, on-set assistance, etc…
- Generate lists for editorials, product placements, profiles, features, events and guides; develop knowledgeability and interest in learning about all new forms of media.
- Provide support in planning and executing seasonal and ongoing events, including project ideation; assist in the development of thoughtful, well-formulated event re-caps and press reports.
- Work in partnership with Press Manager on all VIP/influencer outreach, seeding and gifting fulfilment
- Provide marketing support as it pertains to store promotion, events, web, influencer research and social media
- Train and develop interns
- Coordinate departmental expenses and invoices in a timely and organized manner
- General knowledge of fashion, art, design, lifestyle and media landscapes.
- Firm understanding of responsibilities within the communications field; some experience in planning, pitching and executing press strategies
- Comfortable liaising with international offices, both in-house and those of our partner brands.
- Must confidently recognize, interface and collaborate with key industry figures, VIPs and senior management both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with top-tier outlets; early relationships with key members of the press (print, digital, social).
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with deadline-driven tasks, multi-tasking and troubleshooting problem cases.
- Must be team player with willingness to provide support to senior management.
- Strong interest in and cultivation of industry knowledge, social media.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- A highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility and the ability to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and collaborative in nature. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured, dedicated and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines, thinking proactively and working reactively with the ability to meet goals under pressure.