The Press and Marketing department oversees all communications pertaining to Comme des Garçons USA and Dover Street Market USA (New York, Los Angeles). Integration and exposure within both companies and the larger global organization is very high.
This is an excellent opportunity for a multi-faceted leader who understands the interconnectivity between all aspects of the communications field and thrives in small fast-paced environments with strong team dynamics.
- To grow CDG and DSM’s brand awareness and presence meaningfully, while contributing positively to the company’s sales
- Establish CDG and DSM as leaders in the community with an emphasis on the best customer service and external relations
- Develop and employ 360-degree communications strategies to effectively promote the products of CDG, DSM and those of its partners
- Ideate, concept and execute compelling press and marketing campaigns, activations, events and partnerships
- Lead and develop press, VIP and marketing teams; create a collaborative and supportive department
- Head of all Communications and Marketing for CDG USA, DSMNY, DSMLA.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the department, reporting into VP for Americas and the company’s global president. Represent and negotiate the team’s strategic interests to other departments, overseas teams and collaborative partners.
- Drive sales through CDG, DSMNY, DSMLA brand, product and store image / awareness
- Prioritize customer service, VIP, Industry, media and community relationships in all work and interactions
- Concept and develop marketing and digital communications strategies for all key moments and launches in the CDG and DSM calendar, inclusive press, social media, image/asset generation and seeding and gifting approach
- Lead energy creation in partnership with VP, Merchandising and Special Projects teams, as it relates to key yearly pulse points: events ideation, partner activations and programming
- Strategic planning and critical path for the department
- Work alongside Retail Director in execution and project management of all events: staffing, menu generation, vendor coordination, Rose Bakery partnership, talent management, day-of execution, post-event reporting
- Liaise with Tokyo and Paris teams on show production, and oversee all USA press outreach and relationships. Partner with VIP team on client show attendance.
- Manage and develop team of four; handle all performance reviews and recruiting
- Budget oversight and cost containment – departmental expenses; event budgets; deliveries, shipping and logistics, departmental supplies; subscriptions and programs; metrics software; hourly employees; gifting
- 7-10 years experience in Press & Marketing or related role
- Strong knowledge of fashion, art, design, lifestyle and media landscapes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentations; confidently recognize, interface and collaborate with key members of the print and digital press, social media teams, influencers, VIP and leaders of cultural institutions.
- Extensive experience in planning, pitching and executing strategies across press, marketing, events and VIP activations.
- Experience interfacing with international offices, both in-house and those of partner brands. Partner with department heads, VIP and store team to ensure strong cooperation and a seamless multi-channel experience for customers.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with deadline-driven tasks, multi-tasking and troubleshooting problem cases.
- Strong interest in and cultivation of industry knowledge, social media and community movements; should view DE&I as an integral part of their approach to work
- A highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility, and the ability to galvanize teams and partners to action.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and collaborative in nature. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured, dedicated and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines, thinking proactively and working reactively with the ability to meet goals under pressure.
- Possesses a passion for and sensitivity towards culture and community; sees engagement as a powerful force for storytelling