Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will support the HR Division by performing a wide range of administrative activities including but not limited to coordinating meetings and trainings, maintaining HRIS System, creating procedures and documents. This is NOT a PERS position.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Update and manage employee data and transactions in HR systems including scanning files into HR system.
- Establishes and maintains human resources files.
- Collaborate with other HR team members to assist in preparing, compiling, and disseminating HR resources such as training materials, required notifications and posting and compiling reports.
- Document HR business processes procedures by creating workflows
- Receives and responds to questions and concerns from HARD employees and the public.
- Assist with compensation surveys as needed.
- Collaborate with HR Team to create education/training requirements per position, ensures training is assigned and completed on a timely basis, including; OSHA, harassment prevention, etc.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of HR employee engagement events.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid California Vehicle Operations License and have a good driving record
- One year of relevant experience
- Methods, techniques, and practices of data collection and basic report writing.
- Business letter writing and standard writing practices for correspondence.
- Modern office practices, methods, computer equipment, and applications.
- Excellent organization skills with a strong ability to manage time well in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow directions, work independently, prioritize projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong grammar usage and the ability to write, edit, and proofread business documents, such as letters, resumes, tables, lists, and mailing labels.
- Familiarity with HR field and strong communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- Possess a keen sense of awareness and ability to report observations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend reports.
- Prior experience in an administrative assistant role, in a business or public sector environment is desirable.
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional upon a satisfactory fingerprint clearance and/or background check with the Department of Justice (DOJ) via LiveScan.
The Hayward Area Recreation and Park District is a Special Public District. As a California city, county, or state agency or public district employee, you may be called upon as a disaster service worker in the event of an emergency. To learn more about what this means our employees click here.