The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Graphic & UX Designer to join a team supporting New York City’s disease surveillance system. The selected candidate will work with Application development staff to enhance customer satisfaction by improving the usability, and accessibility associated with a product in a way that is attractive and convenient for users.
- Conduct testing of sample applications, websites and software to assess user experience and ease of design
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company
- Work on multiple and simultaneous intranet and public-facing web applications
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and the Project Manager to review requirements and provide work effort estimates
- Continuously learn new technologies and participate in adoption of new technologies
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork
- Troubleshoot issues and manage production support