THE POSITION: Reporting directly to the SOH Board of Directors, the Executive Director leads the Seeds of Hope (SOH) team in its mission of cultivating hearts and minds for Christ by striving to make a transformative Catholic education financially accessible to any family who seeks it. Achieving this mission requires a strong and skilled background in fundraising and management. The Executive Director also partners with the Archdiocese of Denver's (AODs) Mission Advancement Office on reaching revenue goals through securing major gifts, hosting special events, editing grant applications, and executing fundraising campaigns. This includes cultivating donor relationships and stewarding the SOH Board of Directors. The Executive Director also partners with the AODs Office of Catholic Schools (OCS) and is responsible for creating open communication and trust between SOH and AOD Catholic school leaders. The Executive Director works closely with SOH staff to oversee day-to-day administrative functions.
- Manage staff of three direct reports: Controller, Director of Allocations and Partnerships and Program Assistant.
- Cultivate and steward donor relationships in advance of major gift asks.
- Solicit donors and organizations for sponsorships of SOH special events.
- Serve as the public face of the ministry.
- Seek new opportunities to create revenue and support for AOD Catholic schools.
- Represent SOH at OCS meetings involving Catholic school leaders and serve as SOH representative on Catholic Schools Advisory Board.
- Proofread and approve all SOH grant applications and marketing materials prepared by the AOD Mission Advancement Office.
- Prepare and distribute agenda and informational packets in advance of SOH Board meetings. Pending Board Chair approval.
- Work with SOH staff and AOD finance department on building and monitoring SOH annual operating budget.
- Work with SOH Board Chair to organize bi-monthly SOH Board meetings, including coordinating dates, preparing meeting agenda and sending out meeting materials to Directors for pre-meeting review.
- Assist SOH team and AOD Mission Advancement Office Team on execution of SOH fundraising events as needed; be present at all SOH fundraising events.
- Work with SOH Controller to complete annual financial audit review and IRS tax returns.
- Regularly visit Archdiocese schools to steward relationships with school administrators on behalf of SOH; maintaining open, transparent relationships with administrators is critical to mission success.
- Write SOH promotional copy for brochures, flyers, website and blog posts as needed.
- Lead weekly SOH team meetings, participate in bi-weekly Mission Advancement meetings.
- Write monthly SOH status reports distributed to SOH Board and Finance Council.
- Participate in interviews and evaluations of Board of Director candidates.
- Retain a highly qualified staff by providing a good work environment and professional development opportunities.
- Hold regular individual meetings with each SOH staff member to evaluate performance and plan goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of senior leadership experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Requires a valid driver license.