The Director of Development (DOD) is responsible for managing the fundraising and donor activities to raise awareness of and financial support for the LifeShare Foundation. In partnership with the Vice President of Communications (VPC), the DOD is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors across all fundraising channels to increase revenue. A successful candidate will manage and steward both corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive revenue growth and goal accomplishments.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, health, liberal arts or related field or equivalent education and/or work experience
- Minimum five years fundraising experience required
- One or more of the following required:
- Minimum of five years in non-profit work
- Minimum of five years in marketing and communications work
- Minimum three years leadership in a marketing/fundraising environment
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting preferred.
- Excellent skills in building relationships.
- Comfort in securing commitments from individuals including their money, time, and/or energy to a cause.
- Ability to develop long-term plans, set objectives, and track progress towards achieving objectives.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, along with forecasting and planning skills.