Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Guest Services Associate to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Guest Services Associate works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing welcome center environment for woman and children in a Christian residential program. This position is a part of a 24-hour team to provide information, referral and support services to Women and Children's Ministries guests. They are responsible for providing leadership for the guests, overseeing volunteers and activities, maintaining facility safety and cleanliness.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, including occasional weekends, evenings, holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant and Christian atmosphere at the WCM while participating in its grace-based ministry.
- Uphold the guidelines of WCM, confronting guests and leading them to self-evaluations when necessary.
- Coordinate, train and supervise resident interns and volunteers in conjunction with the volunteer department.
- Daily compile a thorough record of the events on your shift in staff log.
- Daily communicate with other staff via email.
- Take calls for women looking to get into Hope Place; provide resources when necessary.
- Assist the Intake Coordinator with intakes as needed.
- Complete data entry and documents as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Help coordinate and facilitate support groups and/or classes.
- Assist with holiday event preparation and coordination.
- Oversee safety and cleanliness of facility on shift; perform janitorial and maintenance duties as needed.
- Keep all restrooms stocked with supplies.
- Keep donations organized and put away.
- Monitor incoming persons, assisting and directing visitors and guests.
- Handle office telephones, recording and organizing messages.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Make keys for room and repair locks as needed
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor and WCM Leadership.