Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of cGMP-compliant products including pancreatic enzymes and heparin. Lately, SPL has embarked in a new direction of expanding and diversifying its product portfolio and pipeline by actively investing in new technologies and products including both external partnerships and internal development efforts. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Manager of Shipping & Warehouse to join our team.
This is a working manager position responsible for providing materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. This position has 2 direct reports.
• Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results. Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
• Oversees inventory and coordinate shipping and receiving processes. Working together with contracted transporters or company-owned trucks, the warehouse manager makes sure that products move efficiently from storage to the point of sale.
• Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.