Founded in 1974 as an association for area and language professionals, American Councils has focused its expertise on academic exchange, professional training, distance learning, curriculum and test development, delivery of technical assistance, research, evaluation, and institution building.
The Technical Support Specialistis an entry-level position based in downtown Washington, DC and is responsible for providing direct IT and audio/visual support to end-users primarily located in the DC office, as well as some remote support for our offices abroad. The Technical Support Specialist will assist in the acquisition, inventory, deployment and maintenance of computers, software, phones, printers, network equipment and audio/visual technology. This is a frontline position, which requires excellent troubleshooting and people skills. Great customer service skills are an absolute must.
The Technical Support Specialist will report to the Chief Information Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Washington, D.C.):
- Be available on-site and by phone and email, Mon-Fri 9 AM to 5 PM. Occasional nights and weekends will be required with advance notice;
- Assist American Councils DC staff with all IT needs onsite and escalate issues to the Managed Service Provider as required;
- Support DC staff with AV the preparation and execution of remote conferences and presentations;
- Assume ownership of user issues with the Managed Service Provider to ensure a timely and complete resolution;
- Develop and deliver end-user training on various topics, such as, but not limited to:
- Use of a RingCentral telephone system and applications
- Basic cyber security
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Office applications
- Use of conference room audio/visual
- Work with vendors to acquire quotes and then procure, inventory and deploy software and hardware;
- Reconcile expenditures with Finance staff;
- Produce archival recordings (audio and video) of meetings as requested;
- Assist with printer issues and training;
- Assist with other technical logistics as requested by Information Technology Manager;
- Assist in the transition from various platforms, such as Google Suite, Teamwork and other cloud-based software to an Office 365 environment;
- Provide in-meeting support for high profile meetings (board meeting, events, etc.);