This position is geared towards someone who enjoys working with just about everything. Some examples of what you could be working with are: VMware, Windows Server, Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online, Azure and Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Intune, Meraki WAP’s, SOPHOS, SQL, AWS, Ecessa PowerLink and RingCentral. Though travel is not a requirement of this position, the possibility does exist to travel to remote locations to provide support to one of AC’s 42 overseas offices. In short, you’ll never be bored, and you’ll have the opportunity to work with several different aspects of technology. We’re a primarily Microsoft shop, but always looking for a free-thinking mind with outside-of-the-box thinking to enhance our services to our headquarters office, as well as our 300+ international end users.
You’ll be joining a team, in every sense of the word, who are completely dedicated to not just being the reactive support mechanism that IT is so often associated with, but rather a proactive force in carrying out the overarching mission of the organization. The position reports to Chief Information Officer.
The Network Administrator will be responsible to the CIO for following:
- Maintain LAN, WAN and VPN connectivity.
- Network security, protecting assets from internal and external threats.
- Identify and remove bottlenecks in efficient network communication.
- Maintain existing software and hardware, upgrading and/or patching as required.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Administration of Azure and Azure Active Directory.
- Administration of Intune.
- Email/Exchange Online administration.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning and execution.
- Carry out data retention policies.
- Respond to escalated support requests.
- Maintain support documentation on all systems, including troubleshooting guides for support staff.
- On-call after hours support as needed.