Ministry Mission & Values: The GO Ministry of St. John the Divine will equip and send every member into the world on mission: Our unique contribution. The worlds needs. For Gods glory.
Principal Functions: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of volunteer engagement, a key dimension of the GO Ministry of St. John the Divine. The Coordinator will promote volunteerism, recruit, train and equip, and manage internal and external communications and events related to the GO Ministry and mission. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. The regular workweek will include periodic evenings and weekends.
Responsible to: Assistant Rector for GO Ministry & GO Ministry Manager
Qualifications for the Position:
- An attitude of servant leadership with proven dedication to volunteerism and outreach.
- Demonstrates a heart for building community.
- Relates well to all kinds of people to build and foster effective relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Non-profit volunteer management experience.
- Demonstrates a high-level of service and response for all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be adaptable to competing demands.
- Capacity to be flexible and supportive where needed.
- Effectively able to communicate vision & strategy that motivates others into action.
- Commitment to support the mission of The Church of St. John the Divine and the Episcopal Church.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in volunteer development/management in a Church or non-profit setting highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of ACS OnDemand and/or Blackbaud CRM software, database conversion projected in 2021, is a plus.
- Must be technologically savvy and experienced with a variety of software programs, including the Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) and Zoom.
- Ability to develop promotional materials using graphical design, publishing software highly desirable.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Attract, engage, and retain GO Ministry volunteers for serving outside the Church.
- Balance organizational needs and stakeholders expectations.
- Actively engaging and participating in GO functions and volunteer opportunities.
- Explore opportunities with Church groups (i.e. Episcopal Church Women, Daughters of the King, Young Professionals, Youth and Children's ministries, Men's group) to engage and assist community partners in their work.
- Assist GO Manager in collaborating with parishioners to identify spiritual gifts, to develop servant hearts, and direct them towards appropriate GO volunteer opportunities.
- Guide and oversee parishioner participation in service opportunities.
- Assist GO Manager in creatively collaborating with other parish ministries to plan volunteer outreach opportunities and assist in executing those opportunities.
- Track and report on Go Ministry volunteer engagement;
- Assist GO Manager in creating, organizing and executing Outreach Sunday experiences to enhance parish-wide exposure to potential community partnerships and volunteer opportunities and other major GO events like World Homeless Weekend.
- Work with external volunteer leaders and agencies to plan, organize, schedule, communicate, and recruit for Go Ministry projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Rector for GO Ministry or the GO Ministry Manager.