When you become part of our team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer our team members competitive compensation and world-class benefits. Our culture is easy to live, but hard to describe come see exactly what it means to be a part of High Point Networks.
High Point Networks is a leading provider of information technology solutions in both SMB and enterprise-level markets, servicing customers from coast to coast. We specialize in anything that spans your network, data center, phone system and endpoints with a strong security focus across all things IT. Our Headquarters is in West Fargo, North Dakota with additional regional offices throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Colorado. No matter where your business is located within the United States, we have you covered.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, servers, and network. This role will provide first level technical support to our internal customers on these systems. Our ideal candidate has a strong technical aptitude and can think under pressure in a fast-moving environment. This Technician will join a dynamic team within the Internal IT department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the SharePoint intranet solution by collecting and analyzing requirements, identifying deficiencies in performance and implement improvement strategies to ensure optimal program performance.
- Create Power Automate workflows to improve and streamline business processes that are currently manual processes.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware, operating systems, and software applications. This includes setting up new systems, ensuring they are properly integrated into the network, and performing necessary updates.
- Administering and maintaining servers, both physical and virtual, which host various services and applications. This includes server provisioning, resource management, and ensuring high availability.
- Providing technical support to end-users, assisting with hardware and software issues, troubleshooting problems, and resolving technical inquiries.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation of IT systems, configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Assisting in planning and executing the expansion or upgrade of the IT infrastructure to meet the organization's changing needs and technology advancements.
- Developing and using scripts or automation tools to streamline repetitive tasks and improve efficiency.
- Providing training to employees on using IT systems, software, and tools effectively and securely.
- Support Microsoft related infrastructure technologies: Windows Server, Active directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Test, troubleshoot and work independently to resolve internal customer issues or problems.
- Develop and maintain a positive supportive technology environment.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a professional level of customer service, perception, and satisfaction with customers and team members
- Ability to work in a team and communicate timely and effectively to all key stakeholders including Project Managers, Customers, Management, etc.
- Assist in addressing issues, and escalating service issues to our vendors that cannot be resolved internally
- Assist in documenting internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise to ensure an accurate accounting of your time
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required
- Previous work supporting technology and resolving issues
- Basic understanding of computing technologies, familiarity with business drivers, and emerging technology trends
- Communication skills to present technical information comfortably to customers and other team members
- Ability to complete industry training and certification as required by company
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment