- Two or more years experience producing cinematic content for games and or film.
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least two of the following: Editing, Composition, Character Blocking, and Lighting.
- Strong understanding or willingness to learn the technical execution required as it relates to cinematics in games.
- Comfortable working with and learning proprietary tools.
- Experience working with motion capture or having participated in principal photography on a film set.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and taking direction from stakeholders on the needs for a scene.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for games and storytelling.
- Proficiency with Premiere (or Davinci Resolve), After Effects, and Photoshop.
- A familiarity with narrative driven adventure games (Life is Strange, Detroit: Beyond Human, Wolf Among Us, etc).
PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR DEMO REEL WITH A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
Salary Range: $50,000-$90,000 DOE
**Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
ABOUT DECK NINES
Here at Deck Nine Games our passion is storytelling games. We are an independent game developer dedicated to crafting AAA interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. In 2021 we released Life is Strange True Colors, which went on to win multiple awards for storytelling and visuals, including best storytelling for 2021 and a VGA for Games for Impact. Recently we announced that we are developing a game for the hit sci-fi Amazon series, The Expanse. Our prior titles have won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and nominations for VGA and BAFTA awards. The studio is 100+ amazing people both located in our headquarters in sunny Westminster, Colorado and spread throughout the world permanently remote.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.
If this sounds appealing to you, please apply now!