Position Title: Vice President of Finance & Accounting
Position Location: Ontario, California
Reports To: CFO
New Indy Containerboard & Affiliates is an entrepreneurial, innovative and agile manufacturing business that continues to evolve and mature. The Senior Leadership Team is comprised of sophisticated business leaders driving success and growth throughout their operations. This role will be responsible for collaborating with business leaders, finance directors and other key stakeholders in developing metric based business strategies, learnings, policies and procedures. This role will be a key contributor in shaping the future of New-Indy.
Position Focus & Opportunity
- Manage the Finance Staff including direct and indirect reports; provide coaching, counseling and development for continuous improvement of the team. Oversees all third-party audit work for quality, control and timeliness.
- Partner with Owner Representatives on financial lending institution relationships and reporting; involving a complex syndicate of banking relationships.
- Ensure timely completion of month-end financial close, including review and issuance of monthly financial statements and analysis with recommendations for all impacted entities.
- Present consolidated quarterly business results to ownership and senior management with a comprehensive understanding of the business drivers and opportunities. Work closely with division operators and finance groups to fact gather material information relative to the business and financial strategy.
- Prepares directives to division or department administrators outlining financial policy, program, or operating changes to be implemented. This role will develop key performance metrics, financial modeling, pro-forma(s) and benchmarking based on industry standards.
- Directs receipts, disbursement, and expenditures of money or capital assets. Approves and signs financial documents.
- Directs the activities concerned with safekeeping, control, and accounting for assets and securities.
- Directs preparation of budgets and financial forecasts. Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Collaborates with Division Leaders, Owner Representatives, Financial and legal resources to support business development, due diligence activities and transition of new businesses. Detailed review of diligence documents, aggregation of relevant materials for consideration and synthesizing data to develop a complete and accurate valuation of the transaction. This includes partnering with business leaders and key stakeholders during the operational transition.
- Manages departmental budget and prepares internal and external reports
- Domestic travel (25%) required to collaborate with divisional leaders and key stakeholders
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPAA.