Do you crave the freedom to grow and learn in your work environment with other upbeat career professionals? We do – every day. Global Widget is a leading manufacturer of CBD and health and wellness products with one mission: to promote healthier lifestyles by delivering natural solutions to a global community.
How do we achieve that goal? Through collaboration with a close-knit group of individuals, ranging from engineers and accountants to marketing creatives and customer support specialists.
When you join our team, you not only get an up-close look into the booming CBD industry, but you also enter a work environment unlike any other in the Tampa Bay area.
Become part of the Global Widget team and enjoy unique perks and benefits:
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Team building events
- Continuous opportunities for advancement
- Samples of premium CBD products
In this exciting role as a Marketing Copywriter, you will be a key member of the marketing content team. You will be a writer in charge of researching, strategizing, and developing numerous types of digital marketing assets, including website copy, email content, social media posts, product descriptions, advertising copy, Amazon assets and blog articles. You will also own the voice of the company as represented on forums like Reddit.
- Take the lead on projects and create high-level materials that position the Global Widget brands as the best-in-class market leader in the wellness space
- Research, write, design and produce effective thought leadership and sales content (for multiple brands) including blogs, competitive positioning pieces, customer communication, byline articles, news releases, website content, promotional email copy, product copy, and other marketing collateral
- Ideate and support the creation and maintenance of compelling marketing materials developed using strong direct marketing and SEO tactics
- Become the established voice of our brands in the digital space and on forums like Reddit and Quora, etc.
- Lead Amazon research and copywriting efforts including: listing writing and creation, A+ content, ideation and supporting creation of listing images, videos, and storefront assets
- Identifying important selling points and bring them to the forefront through engaging copy (for both on-Amazon and off-Amazon)
- Create engaging social media post and ad copy to promote Amazon brands
- Support other team members with copyediting for communication they’ve created
- Proactively edit existing collateral and/or scripting to reflect latest market intelligence
- Help develop and support the company’s customer journey strategy including identifying content gaps and creating a roadmap for aligning new and existing content
- Navigate the backend of WordPress CMS independently and be able to post content to appropriate sections
- Adjust voice and style depending on target audience - Consumer or B2B
- Create content strategy based on keyword volume, opportunity, audience interest, etc.
- Maximize distribution of content on different social platforms and websites
- Collaborate with Social Media Strategist, Product Marketing team, Amazon Sales Team, SEO Manager, Graphic Designers, and other eCommerce colleagues to develop strategy and content, prioritize initiatives, and finalize deliverables
- Perform other writing and CMS duties and projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferably in Communication, Marketing or related field).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience creating content for publication, print and digital advertisements, email communication, direct marketing websites, email campaigns, blog content, product descriptions, Amazon, white papers, case studies and other written communication for both B2B and direct to consumer audiences.
- Able to clearly express complex ideas in written form; skilled at adapting language, format and style for various brands, media and audiences.
- Able to take ownership and drive projects from beginning to end, working with multiple groups effectively and on multiple projects concurrently.
- Attention to detail, strong writing, editing and grammar skills, including ability to detect and correct errors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint with ability to learn other software.
- SEO experience strongly preferred (both on and off Amazon)
- Magento and/or WordPress experience a plus
- Amazon copywriting experience a plus