FLASH is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will rapidly design, implement, and improve components and assembly processes for manufacturing. The right person will have a solid background with the development, implementation and maintenance of operational method sheets or manufacturing instructional sheets as it is related to fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. Your work will bring the highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall cost of Mobility Hub products.
What you'll do:
- Design or modify using 3D CAD Software, mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings and specifications of moderate scope
- Collaborate on design for assembly of various components to allow for an efficient, scalable assembly process that builds quality into the product
- Develop and deliver training to operations and support technicians to ensure seamless handover of new equipment
- Support sourcing activities including identification of potential suppliers and technical evaluations of quotations
- Perform process failure mode, effects analysis when working with new product development
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other related discipline required (Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 2-5+ years of experience working with CAD (Solidworks)
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFx), Six Sigma, and capacity planning techniques
- Experience interfacing with and managing suppliers/contract manufacturers
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Strong mechanical aptitude, work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to job responsibilities
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Experience with Solidworks PDM or other product data management software
- Experience with industrial controls - PLCs and relays
- A foundation of problem solving skills, statistical process control, design of experiments and simulation techniques
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunities for Advancement - As We Grow, You Grow!
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, FSA and HSA plans).
- Employer-paid: Basic Life + AD&D, Vision, and STD with voluntary add-ons.
- Access to a 401k plan.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter Benefits (when applicable).
- Generous "flexi-time" off and PTO plans : 11 paid holidays!
- Flexible WFH, determinate by team.
- An innovative, energetic culture, and a fantastic team
- Employee Referral Bonus - awesome people know other awesome people!
FLASH is an innovator in the urban mobility space, helping businesses rethink one of their most valuable assets: the parking garage. Our award-winning cloud-born platform is custom configurable, secure, reliable, and grows alongside you as business or consumer demands evolve.
There is no single formula for maximizing value: every community has its own unique demands. But with FLASH technology, every parking asset can become a hub for modern mobility. From smarter infrastructure to sophisticated software, our organization is digitally transforming the mobility experience, one hub at a time.