Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross
Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate.
TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
We are currently seeking a Production Worker in Fontana. If you want to be a part of our growing team, we want to hear from you.
Open position for 4 shifts.
Work schedule: Day Shift: Thursday - Monday 7:00am - 3:30pm Off: Tuesday and Wednesday
Swing Shift: Saturday - Wednesday 3:00pm - 11:30pm Off: Thursday and Friday
Grave: Monday- Friday 11:00pm - 7:30am Off: Saturday and Sunday
Floating: Monday - off Tuesday - Wednesday 7:00am - 3:30pm Thursday- Friday 3:00pm - 11:30pm Saturday - Sunday 11:00pm - 7:30am
Assists operators, to perform duties necessary to cast aluminum billet, sheet ingot or secondary aluminum ingot production. Also performs general production duties throughout the plant as necessary. The job description of "Production Worker includes the following job classifications: furnace helper, saw helper, stacker, casting helper, strapper, and any other entry level production position that may be developed in the future, unless a specific job title is designated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the direct chill casting of aluminum billet and slab ingot according to instructions.
- Using hand held tool(s) skims impurities from molten metal molds, furnace runners and boxes.
- Using cranes moves material or finished goods from casting pits to designated location.
- Assists in maintenance/cleaning of bag house, and associated equipment as needed.
- Assists in preparations for casting metal by preparing tools, coating molds, and runners.
- Hauls materials from storage or production areas to furnace production areas as required.
- Assist in skimming the molten metal pump.
- Assist in weighing alloying elements to be added to the furnace.
- Move materials from one location to another including un-piling-piling, un-stacking-stacking and strapping as required.
- Transports materials to scales, and weighs, tags, and records transports.
- Prepares finished metal or other material for shipment as required or directed.
- Keeps area and equipment clean, and in proper working order.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Assist the mold shop by preparing molds.