Ashby Lumber has proudly served the entire Bay Area for 50 years. We supply contractors and homeowners with everything needed for residential and commercial remodeling, rebuilding, and renovation such as lumber, tools and hardware, doors, windows, paint, faucets, sinks, and toilets. We are currently hiring a Floor Salesperson for our Berkeley location. Interested in becoming a part of our team? Apply today!
The store is divided into Departments based on categories of goods stocked. The Floor Sales is in charge of an assigned area of the store and is responsible for all activity within that area as though operating his own store (think of it as your store within the store). The Specialist will work to increase sales of merchandise within the area by 1) greeting and assisting customers in order to ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience, including helping customers locate items, answering customer questions about items we sell, cross-selling applicable products, and recommending materials suitable to a project, 2) overseeing merchandise stocking levels by counting, monitoring levels of inventory, bringing in new items, 3) ensuring all products are organized, clean, and properly stocked. Each Floor Salesperson may also support other areas as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand that taking care of our customers is your first responsibility. They are the reason you have a job.
- Contribute to a work environment that promotes pride in being part of a winning team.
- Set personal productivity and quality standards that ensure Ashby Lumber provides excellent service to customers. Always be professional.
- Represent the store by communicating and interacting with all types of customers in a warm and welcoming manner with a friendly and interested demeanor - always being courteous, tactful and patient.
- Greet all customers entering your “store” in a friendly manner and offer assistance
- Assist customers in locating items and answer questions about items
- Cross sell applicable products
- Listen to customer’s needs and recommend suitable items
- If unable to answer customer’s questions, find someone who can help
- Fill orders for customers if requested
- Know the store’s merchandise and computer system well enough to answer all types of customer inquiries, including when new merchandise is coming in, whether items come in different styles or color, if a product is returnable and if there are comparable items available in the inventory.
- Clean, organize and maintain area to make it attractive for shopping
- Front shelves and pull down top stock, request backstock fills when needed
- Complete daily count checks on lows and outs, report counts to Purchasing
- Count merchandise within the department on a cyclical basis to ensure accurate counts
- Track customer requests and recommend items to bring in to stock
- Monitor shrink and returns
- Other projects as needed to make “your store” the best it can be
OTHER, AS NEEDED
- Mix paint
- Fulfill service needs in the locksmith area
- Learn computer functions necessary to do the above efficiently and accurately.
- Special projects as assigned
APPEARANCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Walk up to 6-7 hours per day
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Vertical and horizontal reaching is required
- All mobility motions are required (standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing)
- Full range of motion and physical activity occurring randomly for 8 hours per day
- Wear an Ashby shirt, a name tag, and always look presentable.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your Supervisor, the Managers, or Owners.
You will be evaluated based upon your performance of the objectives, duties, and responsibilities listed in this job description, accomplishment of other tasks as assigned, as well as adherence to Ashby Lumber’s Policies as outlined in the Employee Manual. Your Supervisor or the Manager has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Ashby Lumber may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.