Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Youth Program Coordinator to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Youth Program Coordinator assists in accomplishing the mission, vision and goals of the Women and Children’s Ministries Department by assisting with developing and implementing relational programs for children, youth and their families at Hope Place. Work to prepare spiritually vibrant, academically strong, and socially skilled students ready to flourish in life in collaboration with the local church, volunteers and partners.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM with occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of volunteers by equipping, encouraging and empowering them in their areas of responsibility. This includes working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers in their areas of service.
- Build and maintain relationships with children/youth for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
- Establish and maintain good communication and relationships with Hope Place Staff, mothers and youth residing at Hope Place.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of transformational elementary programs including; 1) regular contact and outreach with youth and families, 2) on-going discipleship, 3), weekly bible study meetings 4) educational assistance four days per week, 5) camps for school breaks, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of middle and high school clubs including: 1) regular contact and outreach with youth and families, 2) on-going discipleship, 3) weekly opportunities to gather, 4) monthly bible study meetings, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of family events for the Hope Place community.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of childcare on the nights of Hope Place graduations.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation concerning volunteers and program guests, including monthly reports to supervisor and case notes on children and families.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
- Assist and advise the Youth Program Supervisor in developing and accomplishing goals in alignment with department goals.
- Ensure that all site programs and activities operate consistently with the Missions mission statement, corporate goals and core values.
- Supervise and ensure the safe use and stewardship of all UGM facilities, vehicles, equipment.
- Submit reports to your supervisor as directed.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.