Pfeiffer University has an exciting opportunity for a Human Anatomy faculty member. Our new state-of-the-art Health Science Center features a gross anatomy lab (16 cadavers) for our graduate level clinical health professions programs. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to scholarship, service and innovation. This is a 12 month faculty appointment. Faculty appointment level (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor or Professor) will be commensurate with academic degree and experience.
WORK YEAR OR POSITION TYPE:
12 month Faculty Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Design a clinically relevant human anatomy curriculum (Lecture and Laboratory) for graduate level clinical health professions programs.
- Implement a Human Anatomy curriculum across the programs that is highly interactive, utilizing case and team based learning activities extensively
- Provide leadership and work closely with the Gross Anatomy Laboratory Coordinator in:
- The maintenance, monitoring, and administration of the Gross Anatomy Laboratory facilities, including cadavers, cadaveric materials, osteology models, demonstration models, and radiological materials.
- The design and implementation of a safety program related to use of cadavers and cadaveric materials including chemical safety and maintenance of chemical safety records
The Gross Anatomy professor will supervise the Gross Anatomy Lab Coordinator, both will report to the Program Director.
The Gross Anatomy faculty will work closely with and under the supervision of the Pfeiffer University MS-PAS Program Director. During the Development Phase of the program, the faculty will work from Misenheimer, NC. The faculty is expected to actively participate in the design and implementation of the Gross Anatomy Lecture and Lab. Once the Pfeiffer University Health Science Center is completed (Projected Date Spring 2020) and the program is in the Implementation Phase; the faculty will work from Albemarle, NC