The function of this position is to manage client expectations, provide quality based products, and knowledge based solutions. This position will be responsible for increasing market share and profitability by cultivating client trust through daily account oversight and our commitment of Delivering Perfect.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update client on new product offerings and market trends
- Exercise value engineering when interacting with client
- Work with Marketing Department to provide updated materials and information to client
- Seek out opportunities for ancillary products and additional services to offer up
- Provide prompt and courteous response to client inquiries, needs, requests, etc.
- Avail him/herself to client for face-to-face meetings over general phone and email communication
- Share Empire story and promote depth and breadth of resources he/she provides
- Promote the unique capabilities, knowledge and expertise he/she possesses to client
- Remain cognizant and prepared for any anticipated client needs
- Possess an understanding of the competition for proper product positioning
- Negotiate with vendors additional discounting then forward to management for increased profitability
- Continually practice strategic social relationship building
- Carry out forecasting and strategic account plan
- Act as the "quarterback" throughout the sales process by facilitating and managing all steps involved
- Coordinate necessary actions as they are carried by the Sales Administrator or Project Manager
- Monitor all reports (waiting, unbilled or aging)
- Mentor Junior Account Manager, if applicable
This position requires the individual never loses sight of client needs and expectations. If he/she maintains this mindset, it will ensure a positive reflection on them, the team and Empire as a whole.
Supervisory responsibility may exist.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Ability to work additional hours as needed to support team and meet customer expectations is expected from time-to-time.
Travel Some travel is expected for this position.
- Experience working at a dealership
- 5+ years in the furniture industry
- Capable of reading and understanding blue prints, CAD or construction drawing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- Previous use of Hedberg a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated, persistent and skilled negotiator
- Plans and carries our responsibilities with little to no direction
- Comfortable working independently
- Handles deadlines and pressure with ease
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to motivate others