The successful candidate will be exceptionally organized, discreet, collegial, and have a strong customer service orientation. The successful candidate will communicate effectively, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and manage the high-level multitasking challenges of a busy Center. The position requires a strong record of reliability, great attention to detail, strong administrative skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills. This role will partner with the rest of the Europe Center team to drive results and achieve Center’s goals. This is an excellent role for a self-starter looking for opportunities to work at one of the most dynamic and fast-paced global policy organizations in Washington, DC.
• Track Center’s projects and events, and help prioritize action items.
• Maintain short-term and long-term schedule of the Senior Director, coordinating externally with a range of key stakeholders and funders and internally across the organization so that meetings reflect leadership priorities, are the subject of ample preparation, include the right participants, and are timely.
• Draft, edit and proofread internal and external correspondence and other written communication.
• Serve as liaison for internal and external offices.
• Track relationships with key donors and prospects, including updating contacts database.
• Support Center in researching and confirming travel arrangements or international programming.
• Submit expense reports accurately and on time.
• Manage multiple processes and projects, supporting the work of staff, tracking commitments and deliverables, managing deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
• Assist with events, as necessary.
• Organize team retreats and additional Center meetings as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.