POSITION: Subscriptions Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full time salaried Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director of Guest Services and Ticketing
Founded in 1947 by Nina Vance, the Alley Theatre is a pioneer of regional theatre, and one of the leading nonprofit theatre companies in the United States. The Alley has been awarded the prestigious Regional Theatre Tony Award® and the Texas Medal of Arts Award. The Alley has transferred productions to Broadway, Off-Broadway, major European Festivals, and to 40 American cities. Unique among regional theatres, the Alley is committed to maintaining a Resident Acting Company and providing them work year-round. Nationally recognized directors, actors, playwrights, and designers from across the country have regularly joined the Resident Acting Company.
Rob Melrose, Artistic Director at the Alley, took over as artistic leader of the organization in 2019 . His vision for the future of the Alley is both thrilling and ambitious as the Theatre nears its 75th anniversary in 2021-22. When the Theatre reopens, his strategic goals include upholding the Alley’s artistic excellence, keeping longtime Alley Theatre devotees eager to return each season, and creating productions and cultivating new audiences that are as diverse and vibrant as the city of Houston.
Rob Melrose, Managing Director Dean Gladden and the Alley’s leadership team are committed to promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all aspects of the Theatre’s programming and operations. We are conscious about fostering an environment where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves. We embrace differences and strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The purpose of this job is to serve as the main point of contact for subscribers and those with VIP ticketing needs. Supervise full and part-time personnel who are responsible for transactions related to subscription sales as well as reconciliation. Provide support to front of house operations during performances. This position reports to the Director of Guest Services and Ticketing and will work on special projects with the Guest Services Manager. This position must work with the Database Administrator to ensure that all Tessitura practices and procedures are followed and documented.
Honesty, enthusiasm and a positive attitude are essential in order to work well with the public, front of house and concession staff, all guest services staff, and other managers responsible for creating policies and procedures related to Tessitura.
- Alongside Director of Guest Services and Ticketing and Guest Services Manage, assist in building productions, seasons, and ticketed special events in Tessitura;
- Schedule and execute the printing and distribution of season tickets;
- Serve as a point of contact with third party telemarketing firm to assign seats, generate and pull leads, and assist in earned subscription revenue growth;
- Merge and inactivate patron accounts as needed;
- Seat new board members in accordance with Development Department, serve as Board liaison regarding ticketing;
- Monitor subscription confirmations and address anything that needs further attention;
- Set up new subs online and assist in monitoring sale
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Alongside Director of Guest Services and Ticketing and Guest Services Manager, ensure the best customer service is being provided to all subscribers;
- Alongside Director of Guest Services and Ticketing and Guest Services Manager, assist with performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Ensuring staff members follow company policies and procedures.
- Updates job descriptions as needed, hiring and training new team members.
- Motivating and coaching employees to improve performance, provide feedback and training opportunities.