Job Title: Residential Security Officer
Reports to: Director of Campus Safety and Security
The Division of Student Affairs at Lane College is looking for an experienced, caring, and committed professional to provide personal, equipment, and real property security for residence on Lane College campus. Under the supervision of the Director of Campus Safety and Security, the Residential Security Officer is primarily focused on maintaining a visible presence in public areas, observing incidents, acting, and notifying others according to established protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols residence hall, grounds, and roadways on foot. Guards€ property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- Protects residence hall property by inspecting and checking security of doors, windows, and gates. Turns lights on and/or off.
- Maintains active presence in residence halls areas.
- Observes, investigates, and reports potentially dangerous conditions and the presence of unauthorized persons on grounds or in buildings. Responds to, assesses, and deals with disturbances according to department policy. Calls for assistance from community-based police services as required. Observes and documents details of occurrences.
- Assists community-based police in the detainment or arrest of violators when necessary.
- Reports detected leaks or malfunctions of electrical, plumbing, heating, or other equipment, notifying notify appropriate departments of impaired equipment.
- Reports residential emergency medical situations, summoning the appropriate emergency medical services.
- Responds to complaints and hazardous situations. Responds to incidents putting students, staff, and the general public at risk or harm.
- Detects and reports fire hazards. Extinguishes small blazes and reports fires to the local Fire Department using established emergency communications protocols. Responds to fire and burglar alarms.
- Summons police and fire department personnel as needed. Directs traffic at fire, special events and other congested situations.
- Enhances day-to-day public relations by providing information and assistance to students, staff, and the public in a way that establishes and maintains rapport with the college community.
- Provides information and responds to questions from students, staff, and the public.
- Prepares logs and reports of daily activities including, but not limited to accident and incident reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.