Family Health La Clinica Dental Office of Beaver Dam is seeking a Dental Hygienist for full time or part time hours. Family Health La Clinica offers competitive pay in addition to an attractive benefits package including health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, continuing education benefits, and retirement plan with contribution.
A Dental Hygienist with Family Health La Clinica implements dental hygiene and prevention program which maximizes patient contact and treatment completion and moves patients into routine recall status. Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease. Duties may include:
- Perform oral prophylaxis as prescribed by dentist including cleaning of calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Perform periodontal treatment and maintenance as prescribed by dentist.
- Examines gums for signs of disease and does routine oral cancer screening of mouth, chin, neck and lymph nodes to detect swelling, tenderness or other symptoms or abnormalities.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Applies fluorides and other cavity preventing agents as prescribed by the dentist.
- Update and maintain current health histories noting areas of medical concern.
- Exposes and develops diagnostic x-ray film.
- Provides clinical services and health education to improve and maintain patient oral health.
- Conducts dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.