JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The primary responsibilities of this position include designing, developing and maintaining the GIS enterprise applications, tools and supporting web services. This includes analyzing the business needs of stakeholders and internal customers, designing and implementing cost-effective solutions to address those needs along with handling the ongoing support of existing systems, which entails research, strategy, and meetings with staff, outside agencies, and coordination with consultants. This role will be asked to learn new technologies, and make recommendations for purchases and optimizations to the current systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Utilize ESRI ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE software to manage ACBCI’s Enterprise GIS.
- Engage with stakeholders and senior leadership to assess needs and identify appropriate technical approaches to integrate GIS products into decision-making.
- Provide technical expertise on how geospatial systems can be integrated into existing data collection and monitoring systems, making them available for use in spatial analysis.
- Assist with GIS application documentation, account management, technical support, and application administration.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements, and maintenance for existing GIS systems, applications, scripts, tools and web services.
- Consult on issues related to geospatial data collecting, processing/analysis, geocoding, aggregation, and cartography for ACBCI’s Tribal government development projects.
- Monitor performance, and suggest infrastructure changes, enhancements, and upgrades as necessary. Evaluate capacity requirements for new or expanding deployments.
- Support cross-function IT projects that rely heavily on GIS technology or data.
- Maintain knowledge of new ESRI GIS technologies and recommend innovative solutions when possible.