We are a nonprofit corporation committed to the success of the individuals we serve. Community Catalysts of California (CCC) provides services and advocacy for people with disabilities and Veterans. We serve more than 1,400 clients annually throughout the state ranging in age from 18 to 83 years. Our fundamental goal is to help people achieve a higher quality of life.
Our Vision- To enhance the lives of our clients through advocacy, empowerment, and support.
About the position:
The Southern California Director is a position that will oversee all aspects of operational management and administration in our San Diego, San Marcos, and Imperial Valley offices. The goal of this position is to ensure quality of service, growth, and profitability within the Southern California Region and work with the CCC management team to further our vision.
The Southern California Director:
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Evaluates overall regional performance according to organizational objectives by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data, metrics and developing and applying plans for continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership and coaching to increase employee effectiveness and maintain adequate staffing for region. Solves disputes that arise between employees or departments and makes sure daily work is not hampered in any way. Supervises and empowers staff by providing constructive feedback. Ensures managers accountability to meeting all duties and requirements.
- Successfully manages human resources through effective and timely use of performance management activities, staff development and succession planning.
- Cultivates existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring service growth and resources, and access to services.
- Identifies and engages in network-building activities (e.g. community and professional organizations).
- Represents the organization at meetings, conferences, marketing and/or vendor fairs, as needed and appropriate.
- Collaborates with COO to identify growth opportunities. Actively applies and pursues growth opportunities as directed by COO.
- Collaborates with COO to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals. Provides input and feedback in long-term business planning at the operational level.
- Ensures leases, contracts and negotiations are secured as directed by COO.
- Ensures all program-related documents and reports, including the Quality Assurance Program, Newsletter, Client Advisory Committee, Funder reports and billing activities are completed in a timely manner/per agency guidelines and that assigned programs are operating within budgets.
- Facilitates the implementation and monitoring of the Quality Assurance Program for all assigned geographic areas to ensure consistency across programs. Reviews and revises annually, as indicated.
- Communicates critical issues (i.e. HR issues, critical SIRs, etc.) to COO and HR in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plans and monitors the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress. Applies policies and procedures.
- Ensures programs are meeting funder and auditing standards and successfully passes applicable audits.
- Ensures HRIS and CMS is up to date and accurate for all assigned geographic areas monthly.
- Works effectively with the CFO to develop budgets and to increases program revenues annually. Ensures fiscal health of the program, identifying measures/strategies to reduce operating expenses and increase revenues.
- Regularly visits community sites to observe interactions, training techniques and quality of services being
- Plans, directs and implements marketing efforts for assigned region.
- Supports fundraising activities of organization
- Provides and attends all required meetings and in-services as assigned.
- Completes all required training within required deadlines. Monitors and ensures all staff are completing required training.
- Complies with all safety standards and practices. Assists COO to ensure that safety standards are met per CARF standards across assigned geographic areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.