We are looking for a Registration Manager to join our dynamic Global Incentives and Meetings team. In this role you will work alongside your team and with clients to provide an efficient event registration and, ultimately, an exceptional onsite experience for attendees. You will help with communications and overall management of attendee registrations. If you are super detail oriented, customer service focused and a team player, read on!
- Confirm event requirements and implement them in Cvent’s registration software.
- Build out registration websites from conception to launch.
- Ensure online registration meets the specific needs of each event and that websites are clear, concise and easy to navigate.
- Update websites and content as required and as event details are updated.
- Create and monitor reports related to registrant details, financials, and registrant engagement.
- Monitor registrations, hotel room blocks, send invitation reminders, and build reports.
- Cross check rooming lists and manifests.
- Field questions from attendees and update their registration profile with any changes.
- Ensure everyone has a positive and memorable experience from the invitation stage, through onsite and departure. We aim to please!
- Manage ongoing projects simultaneously and keep track of deadlines.
- Occasionally support onsite registration services, including set up of registration area, printing of badges and supporting Account Managers in various event related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
You're good at:
- Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable.
- Problem-solving; you are calm under pressure.
- Teamwork. It takes a village.
- Cvent, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Communicating effectively and efficiently.
- Providing superior customer service. You understand the individual needs of the event attendees and go above and beyond to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or experience which demonstrates you are a go-getter
- Cvent Certified
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans
- 401K and financial planning
- PTO + Sick Days + Paid Holidays + Get your birthday off!
- Business casual work environment
- Access to Gym and Game room in building
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear: sit at a desk, work under florescent lighting, and look at a computer for a long period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JNR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. JNR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local “Fair Chance” Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.