The People Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting mailroom operations, assisting in covering reception duties, and providing excellent customer service at the AMU Coffee Bar. The People Operations Assistant will work closely with the People & Communications department and Facilities Management. Being professional, friendly, timely, and attentive is critical to the success of this role. Additionally, the People Operations Assistant will provide daily mail services, including delivery/pick up for AMU Corporate and its associates.
Barista & Reception
- Must be present and able to staff the AMU Coffee Bar from 7:00 a.m. 11:00 AM daily
- Provide excellent customer service by making quality beverages for customers such as: lattes, cappuccinos & other espresso-type beverages, coffee, & cold drinks as requested.
- Follows health, safety, and sanitary guidelines within the coffee bar and at the coffee station.
- Manage and order all stock for the coffee bar and coffee stations
- Responsible for managing & advising the facilities manager of low inventory to ensure that products do not go out- of-date, spoiled, or out-of-stock.
- Order and complete all expense reports related to coffee bar stock
- Manage the AMU Corporate Account with Cosentinos
- Assist with covering the reception desks and welcoming AMU Guests
Mailroom Operations Support
- Processing, sorting, and distributing all incoming mail.
- Distributing all corporate interoffice mail.
- Preparing outgoing shipments/mail and ensuring all items are properly labeled, coded, and documented for expense allocation.
- Helping to stock the mailroom with appropriate supplies.
- Other shipping/receiving duties.
- Completing other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Reliable, timely, organized, and dependable
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to carry on conversations with other about a variety of topics.
- Presents a warm, friendly, enthusiastic personality and behavior
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be attentive to detail and be able prioritize tasks efficiently
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and contributing to all team activities as needed
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, and lift packages for an extended amount of time.
- Have the ability to use discretion regarding when assistance is needed to lift, sort, and deliver large packages.