BECOME A VALUED ASSET TO OUR TEAM! At Community Catalysts of California (CCC) we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. Veterans Community Services (VCS) is a dimension of CCC that is dedicated to providing services for the military service members and Veterans of our nation. If you are interested in serving your community and our Central San Diego VCS office, please read ahead!
JOB FUNCTION: The Intake Specialist is the individual that provides outreach, direct support services and assisting in the coordination and implementation of participant services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intake Specialist is the direct service provider who is responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide community resources and referrals to meet the needs of our participants.
- Screen program applicants for eligibility via telephone intake and/or on a walk-in basis and/or during outreach services towards program’s target populations (including street and shelter outreach).
- Assist in the design and implementation of individual training and support programs for the participants.
- Assist with completion and submission of applications for public and VA benefits for participants.
- Assist program applicants and/or participants with collecting and submitting documents as needed.
- Track screenings and participant contacts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer assessments to determine eligibility and appropriate interventions.
- Conduct follow along and follow up services to current and former participants.
- Provide data entry and update of databases in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and up to date participant filing.
- Maintain positive communications and relationships with his/her supervisor, participants, employers, landlords, partnering agencies, involved members of families and other individuals in the community.
- Complete in a timely manner all logs, reports and participant evaluations as required.
- Provide direct service as needed and required.
- Perform all job related duties as assigned.
Form Connections. Find Meaning. Foster Success.