The Installation Supervisor provides the on-site handling and monitoring of the mechanical assembly work onsite and reports to the Onsite Manager (OSM) and/or Project Manager.
Technical Skills and Job Specific Tasks:
- Coordinate and supervise mechanical installation services, activities and personnel. Identify and solves problems.
- Will be coordinating these activities either with TGW personal or sub contracted labor or combination of both.
- Has the responsibility of deadlines, quality and costs over the duration of the installation work
- Helps carry out the initial safety evaluation and works with the onsite TGW Team for enforcement of TGW safety standards.
- Compliance with TGW products are being installed per TGW standards and assembly documentations.
- Ensuring quality control for the installed products
- Providing technical instruction to the installation staff
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, general contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Manage labor hours, materials, equipment and subcontractors to ensure cost control
- Facilitate employee safety and ensure procedures are properly being followed striving with a goal of no accidents.
- Ensure all paperwork is properly completed and maintained, including daily reports, timecards, tool box talks, handover documents, inventory control and anything else specific per jobsite.
- Creation and Maintenance of relevant checklists for the installation work and commissioning.
- Monitor extra hours and or work needed and keep in constant communication with the OSM or Project Manager.
- Training new employees assigned to him/her
- Extensive experience in the installation work of TGW products or similar
- Excellent Communication and Leadership skills
- Reliability, cost awareness, being flexible and customer orientated
- Willingness to Learn
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project)
- AutoCad experience a plus
- Ability to work with numerous contractors as well as internal departments
- Knowledge in the conveyor installation process
- Familiarity in the controls aspect of material handling equipment
- Read and interpret blueprint drawings, submittals and specifications.
- Travel 90% of time
- Completion of OSHA 30 hour training
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.