Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Guest Services Associate to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Guest Services Associate works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing welcome center environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. This position is a part of a 24-hour team to provide information, referral and support services to Women and Children's Ministries guests. They are responsible for providing leadership for the guests, overseeing volunteers and activities, maintaining facility safety and cleanliness.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Saturday and Sunday from 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Essential Job Duties
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant and Christian atmosphere at the WCM while participating in its grace-based ministry.
- Coordinate, train and supervise volunteers in conjunction with the volunteer department.
- Oversee safety and cleanliness of facility on shift, including chore supervision and bed checks.
- Uphold the guidelines of WCM, confronting guests and leading them to self-evaluations when necessary.
- Daily compile a thorough record of the events on your shift in staff log.
- Daily communicate with other staff via email.
- Take calls for women looking to get into Hope Place; provide resources when necessary
- Complete data entry and documents as assigned by your Supervisor
- Help coordinate and facilitate support groups and/or classes.
- Assist with holiday event preparation and coordination
- Perform janitorial and maintenance duties as needed.
- Keep all restrooms stocked with supplies.
- Keep donations organized and put away.
- Monitor incoming persons, assisting and directing visitors and guests.
- Handle office telephones, recording and organizing messages.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Make keys for room and repair locks as needed
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor and WCM Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, including excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work in cooperation with other Mission staff.
- Ability to follow through on projects and tasks.
- Ability to be proactive in recognizing problems and present appropriate solutions.
- Ability to have difficult conversations regarding guidelines and rules.
- Ability to de-escalate guests.