Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Gifts-in-Kind Coordinator to join the Gifts-In-Kind team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Gift-in-Kind Coordinator is the main point of contact for the Distribution Center. The Gift-in-Kind Coordinator assets and build relationships with clients, partners, volunteers and donors at the Distributions Center. This position assists and supports the growth and function of the Gifts-in-Kind (GIK) Department through clerical support, volunteer engagement and donation acquisition. A strong candidate will be able to help meet department and mission goals.
Our Gifts-In-Kind team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude.
- Represent the Mission to donors and assist them with drives and donations.
- Assist donors calling or visiting the Distribution Center looking for information.
- Assist partners and clients with scheduling shopping appointments, pickups and information.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager and Operation Supervisor on all incoming donations, drives, shopping appointments and pickups.
- Work with the Inventory Specialist to increase donations in key Mission areas for the purpose of cutting program expenses.
- Develop strong relationships with current and prospective donors in order to increase GIK donations for use by the Mission.
- Work closely with Volunteer engagement on all incoming volunteers at the Distribution Center.
- Prepare applications for GIK and small grants.
- Reach out to partner organizations for program support on routine requests; zoo and aquarium tickets.
- Updating Studio Enterprise on a weekly basis.
- Update and maintain the GIK donor data bases.
- Processing and filling all necessary paper work and receipts regarding incoming and outgoing donations.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.